Sonos defaulting to Amazon.com instead of amazon.co.uk when adding service.

Badge
My Sonos one cannot connected to Amazon Music as it is defaulting to Amazon.com instead of amazon.co.uk when adding service. Anything I can do about this? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ARe you sure your profile is set for the right country. Under Sonos.com - login. Go to profile and check the country setting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The other thing to check is that you are not logged on to Amazon on another app on your device.
Badge
I have same issue. Checked sonos profile and its set to uk. Also not logged into amazon on another app.
Do you have an existing Amazon Music account that you are trying to add, or are you creating one from within Sonos?
Badge
Have a existing account.
Bit of a long shot, but might be a DNS issue so you might try just rebooting your router.
Badge
Tried that too
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Please try section 2 of the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126
Badge
Tried all steps in 2 still doing the same. Tried 3 but when i get to 3.3 there is no option for voice services. Completed the rest of 3 and still the same issue. Pulling my hair out here ☹️
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Tried all steps in 2 still doing the same. Tried 3 but when i get to 3.3 there is no option for voice services. Completed the rest of 3 and still the same issue. Pulling my hair out here ☹️

That would be correct as you haven't set this up before. Just to check and sorry for not asking before but I assume that you are trying to add a voice service for your Sonos One and not a Music service?

If a Voice Service can you please try on a browser version:

https://alexa.amazon.co.uk
Badge
Trying to add amazon music service. I have a play bar plus 2 x play 1 speakers
Badge
dont know if this is anything but have noticed that when im in the alexa app if i look at alexa devices I can see my echos plus my speakers. they all say online but where the speakers give my home address on the location when I look at the speakers the location is blank (except for the postcode). if I try to add my address it gives me the message "we werent able to update the address associated with this device. please check your network connectivity and try again later."
Trying to add amazon music service. I have a play bar plus 2 x play 1 speakers
Hey there, Claude P. Thanks for the details. From the sounds of it, it seems that you are experiencing a different problem than what the topic was started from. As such, I will be closing out this troubleshooting topic for further discussion.

If you are still encountering these problems, I recommend giving our support technicians a call to get a closer look at what is going on in real time.

Thanks!