Sonos Connect and Alexa App

• 8 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Went thru the Alexa app setup steps for connecting to my existing Sonos Connect. Setup was quick and easy. I noticed after the setup in the Alexa app that I could not get music services to stream to the Sonos Connect and that the queue in the Alexa app seemed to be locked or frozen. Long story short, what I did was deleted the Sonos skill and device from the Alexa app and factory reset my Sonos Connect. Re-setup my Sonos and then started the install of the Sonos skill within the Alexa app. I noticed that as I was adding the Sonos skill that the process was slightly different and at one point it directed me back to Sonos to login in and link my speaker to my account thru the Beta program. Followed the process and now I have voice control of my Sonos Connect thru both my Amazon Echo and Echo dot. Anyways this worked for me.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I'll try it when I get a chance. But what do tell Alexa when i want to play a particular playlist either on my music, Spotify and/or SiriusXM?
Badge
good question re playlists, I don't see any reference to them here:
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343
You cannot tell Alexa to play local playlists, and SiriusXM does not use playlists. For playlists on Spotify:

"Alexa, play playlist (playlist name)." If Spotify is not your default Alexa music service, add "on Spotify."

For SiriusXM stations:

"Alexa, play (station name or "channel" number) from SiriusXM."

If not using a Sonos One for Alexa, add "on (room name)".
Thanks everyone!