Answered

Sonos Beam with Alexa and amazon Echo

• 28 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
the sonos beam with alexa can replace amazon echo? to know news, shopping list, turn on the lights, turn on air conditioners etc ...
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 28 October 2018, 09:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
the sonos beam with alexa can replace amazon echo? to know news, shopping list, turn on the lights, turn on air conditioners etc ...

Yes and No - The Sonos Beam is an Alexa Enabled Device and the Amazon Echo is an Alexa Device. The difference between these two device types is that not all of the Alexa Skills that work on the Echo will work on the Sonos Beam. Functionality like Drop in is restricted to Alexa Devices but in general most skills will work with the Beam and I use my Sonos system to control my Smart Home devices as per your list - with the except of Air Conditioning.
Badge +1
it's possible to control the switch SonOff with Sonos Beam Alexa?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I don't know this product but looking at the product details it should be able to control it but I can't be 100% sure.