Sonos Beam TV turn on/off not working Insignia TV

• 19 July 2018
  • 6 replies

1. Connected to HDMI ARC (HDMI-1)
2. CEC settings modified to allow controlling TV turn on/off
3. This is an Insignia TV (non smart)
4. HDMI-2 is connected to Amazon FireTV

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

i could get the beam to turn the TV on now, but turning it off is still an issue 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Just about every TV manufacturer calls CEC something different. For Insignia TVs, you'll want to make sure under Settings > INlink that you have INlink Control Turned on and that Audio Receiver is selected.

You may need to reach out to the TV manufacturer to make sure that all of the settings are right, sometimes the CEC command for Off doesn't work unless a secondary setting is turned on. Also, it sometimes takes the TV's input set to the Beam's input, like if you set the TV to HDMI-1, does Off work?
I'm having the same issue myself - unable to get it to turn the TV to turn off via Alexa. I've tried various settings for each of the options in the INLink control menu
This is what I've seen in the menu myself - doesn't appear to be anything about Auto Off on the TV

http://storage.bestbuy.com/usweb/html/9215028/user-manual/english/Content/NS-19D220NA16_19D220MX16/Troubleshooting-INlink-CEC-device.htm
Also, it sometimes takes the TV's input set to the Beam's input, like if you set the TV to HDMI-1, does Off work?
That worked! ARC Is HDMI-3 and when I set the tv on that, Beam shuts it off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Also, it sometimes takes the TV's input set to the Beam's input, like if you set the TV to HDMI-1, does Off work?
That worked! ARC Is HDMI-3 and when I set the tv on that, Beam shuts it off.

That could mean you have another device on HDMI that is trying to take over CEC, or it might just be that the TV only accepts Off when the HDMI is selected. If you have any other devices on HDMI, you could try unplugging them (assuming you have other video content), or narrow it down one at a time. Another way to go, is if you have an HDMI cable that doesn't support CEC, try using that on your other device.