Sonos Beam and Alexa not playing nice

• 20 January 2019
  • 28 replies

I purchased my Sonos Beam today, came home to set it up I have spent the past few hours trying to get Alexa to play nice with the Sonos Beam. When I look at my devices on the Amazon Alexa app and website under settings > devices, it will show the Beam is connected however, on the regular devices tab it shows nothing and will not discover the Beam. I have logged out, uninstalled, unplugged, reinstalled, enabled and disabled skills, changed names, stood on my head, did a little dance and I am still not able to get this darn thing to connect to Alexa. The beam is connected to my TV with the optic cable attachment as I don't have an ARC port. I understand that I won't be able to control the TV with Alexa. I would like to at least tell her to play music and work properly..... all ideas, comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Just went to rediscover devices and it looks like it found both the speaker and the tv
Badge +1
Indeed, for me too. Wish I hadn’t waited so long to email support... glad to hear things are working for others too!
Yes, I just got the message from support saying the outage has been resolved 🙂