Answered

Sonos Arc not showing in Alexa app

• 24 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

Sonos Arc with Alexa voice assistant activated through the Sonos app is not showing in the Alexa app (on IOS 14.7). The service does work on the Arc but since it’s not showing in the Alexa app I can’t integrate it with the rest of my devices. For troubleshooting I took the following steps:

• Checked I registered the Arc to the right Amazon account
  • Updated Sonos and Alexa app
  • Reset the Sonos Arc and re-connected the device 
  • Disabled router firewall to rule out blocking of service(s)

Anyone has experience with this issue and how to solve it?

icon

Best answer by Raeth 24 June 2021, 16:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

What happens if you manually try to add the Arc in the Alexa app?

Badge

What happens if you manually try to add the Arc in the Alexa app?

Nothing found through the Alexa app :(

Userlevel 7

Do any of your Sonos speakers appear on the list of devices in the Alexa app? Do you have the Sonos skill installed?

Badge

Yes, Sonos skill is (re)installed and my other Sonos speakers are showing in the Alexa app but not the Arc. 

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Arc from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router and phone.

Badge

Thanks, I tried the classic turn off and reboot but nothing. Only thing I can think of is total reinstall of the sonos system but not looking forward to have through that process againg. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Raeth 

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.