Answered

Sonos Arc & Echo Dot

• 27 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Considering buying a Sonos Arc to go with new TV. Only Sonos we have is a Sonos One speaker in lounge which we use with Spotify & Amazon Music. We use a Amazon Echo dot 3rd gen to control it, works better than Sonos mic. The Sonos one will be put in another room. Can we still use the echo dot to control the Arc. Yes I know the arc has a mic, but the echo dot by were we sit works great. I may add a Sonos sub later on next year,before it gets mentioned we are not interested in surround sound at all. I'm buying this online as no Sonos dealers near us. Any help or advice appreciated.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 27 November 2020, 13:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Yes the Arc will behave exactly the same as your Sonos One.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I am not able to buy the Arc, her indoors has read the details etc and deems it's to wide for the cabinet it will sit on. I honestly didn't think it was that wide. O sort of agree in a way as it would look a bit odd. So I've ordered a beam instead, with an option to add a sub if needed. I'm not sure on the sub, it's not a massive room, it could be it would be to powerful.  Its good though to get independent advice on here .