Answered

Sonos arc - cant add Alexa voice assistant

• 29 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have a recent model Sonos Arc with built-in voice control. I click Services & Voice > add a voice assistant - and the only option i see is ‘sonos voice control’. Where is Amazon Alexa? I have the Alexa app, linked to sonos & signed in. I want to be able to use the Arc’s microphone instead of opening the app every time.

Also note - sonos voice control works fine when i enable it, but it wont connect to Spotify so is therefore not useful. 

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 29 August 2023, 14:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Can you please Disable then Enable the Alexa skill within the Alexa App and make sure that that you are linking the correct Amazon and Sonos Accounts.

I assume you mean disable & enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app? If so yes i have done this twice. The accounts are correct - If i open the Alexa app and say ‘play music in Living Room’ it correctly plays. I just want to use the Sonos Arc microphone so i dont have to keep opening the alexa app.

Userlevel 7

I would check your address, specifically the country is correctly populated under your account profile at sonos.com

Spotify is not a supported music service for SVC.

That worked! Thanks so much. For some reason my Sonos profile was set to ‘Bucharest, Romania’ even though I have never even been there… So changed it to Spain, reinstalled Sonos App and now Alexa shows as an option in the Voice Assistant menu. All working now.