Answered

Sonos Arc and Alexa Control

• 20 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I am trying to configure a new Arc to play nice with my Amazon Echo devices.

I am able to connect the Arc to my Alexa app and control the Arc from my other Echo devices and I am able to issue commands to the Arc and have it respond however the Arc does not show up as an “Alexa-Enabled Device” within the Alexa app so my Arc has ZERO situational awareness inside of the room so it is useless to control Smart Home devices without context. 

For instance, at the moment when I speak to the Echo inside a room I can say, “Turn off the lights” and it will shut off just the lights in that room. When I say the same commands to my Arc it just picks a random room and shuts off the lights.

I have attempted to un-link and re-link the Sonos skill within Alexa, and disabled and re-enabled Alexa Voice Assisstant within the Sonos app.

My main question is that if there is a way to get the Arc to appear within the Alexa app as an Alexa-Enabled Device or is this out of the question?

icon

Best answer by mbsound 21 November 2022, 01:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have resolved this - I forgot that I had multiple Amazon accounts, one for purchases and one for my Echo devices to prevent accidental voice purchasing.

When I added the Alexa voice assistant in the Sonos App I did so with my purchasing account via iOS password auto-fill. When I logged into the Alexa app to do auto-discovery it was connected to my other account.

Rectifying this issue allowed the Arc to be added as an Alexa-Enabled Device.

@mbsound,

Ah glad you sorted it, as I was about to suggest to check the Alexa account/credentials  as the Arc called ‘Living Room’ here, is showing as an ‘enabling’ device in one of my Alexa Groups. (Attached) but maybe the thread here will perhaps assist others who may come across the same issue.