Sonos Arc Alexa waking at random or triggered by normal conversation

• 20 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos Arc which is connected to LG TV and Amazon Alexa. It wakes at random, mostly when somebody is speaking but not using the word “Alexa”.  My Echo Dot devices only respond to the word “Alexa”.  Also, when awakening Sonos Arc emits a loud tone which is disruptive and annoying when I am watching/listening to the TV.

Firstly, how do I eliminate the random waking? Secondly, how do I eliminate or reduce the volume of the waking tone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

My One has been doing the same thing. I can’t say its recent but words that aren’t even close to ‘Alexa’ are waking her up. Ain’t gonna worry about it because it’s kinda fun to try and figure out ‘pass the coffee’ sounds like ‘Alexa’ but I do hope they fix this.

Sorry to hear you have the same problem.  I agree, can be amusing at times but not in the middle of a good TV program. Hopefully Sonos or someone has the solution.  

My device(s) sometimes can wake-up when I say to my Wife - “A letter (Alexa) has just come for you.” I just (occasionally) goto the History section in the Amazon App and expand the wording and hit the 👎 ‘thumbs down’ where it asks did Alexa do as you wanted.. it should (hopefully) learn eventually to ignore it.

There’s also an option in the same section of the Alexa App now too, when the wrong device responds to an instruction.

All part of the device voice-training, I expect.

Thanks for the info. Just tried “A letter” and Alexa responded.  Funny thing is that these errors happen a lot less frequently with our Echo Dots.  Have looked into the Alexa app but , presumably as she has interpreted “a letter” as “Alexa” it’s down in the voice record as “Alexa”.  Will investigate further.