Answered

Sonos Arc Alexa no longer connecting to Fire TV

• 12 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Using Alexa on my Sonos Arc to play Apple Music or control my Fire TV stopped working about a week ago. Regarding the former, it turned out to be a server issue that Sonos fixed. But the latter never came back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Alexa on the sound bar, disconnected and reconnected in TV and Video settings in the Alexa app, unplugged my TV and Soundbar and then plugged them back in. It did all work last week before the break down. And I can control my TV if I connect it to a different (amazon) Alexa device. But when I connect the TV to the Arc on the Alexa App, it says connected on the app. but when I ask her to do anything with the TV my sound bar tells me to connect a TV in the Alexa app (already done). I called support twice, and they walked me through the same things I had already done then put me on hold and I got disconnected. REALLY frustrating. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas or advice?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 12 May 2021, 22:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

nattys,

Here is my suggestion…

Perhaps try removing Alexa from the Arc (and other Sonos products) and remove the Sonos Skill from the Alexa App. Then login to your online Amazon account via a web browser and goto your ‘Manage Your Content and Devices’ area and select the ‘Devices’ tab. Select the icon "Other Alexa Devices” (see attached screenshot) and remove/deregister all your Sonos related products from that area. 

Return to the Sonos App and setup your Amazon Alexa Assistant on each of your Sonos products again, by going to the link available at the top of "Settings/Services & Voice”.

Once you have finished setting up Alexa, see if that then works for you.

Thanks, Ken. No luck yet!

Does the Alexa App ‘groups’, or ‘device-list’ show any duplicates or naming issues in relation to your TV/Fire TV?

Looking at the Sonos status page for you here https://status.sonos.com, there are no current Sonos issues showing with the Amazon service.

Maybe try unlinking and re-linking the FireTV in the Alexa App "Settings/TV & Video” if you haven’t done that already? 

You were right! It’s listed as TWO devices - a speaker and a TV controller - and I had to pick the right one. Weird, but it worked. THANK YOU>