Answered

Sonos Arc- Alexa in portuguese

• 8 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have being years and there is no update on new languages from Sonos on the Sonos Arc. I really do not understand why. Portuguese is native in Alexa. If you ask Alexa in Sonos Arc if she speaks Portuguese she answer yes and it is only a matter of configuration. But the app of Alexa does no give language to be configured for sonos and in the sonos app there is no Portuguese.

What is happening. I love my sound bar but Im thinking to change as I need to have an alexa speaker in the same room just because of this issue. 

Please do not answer me showing the language status page, because I look that and nothing changes in the last 3 years. I want to know if there is any real intention to have Portuguese open as an Alexa language? If not, why? What is the position from Sonos about new languages.

hope you guys can help me understand what is happening. I´m to buy a sub and some other things, but I will not do if I don´t know what is the future for those functionalities.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 August 2022, 22:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Amazon probably needs to explicitly give confirmation to Sonos to allow them to implement the use of Alexa in Portugal. 

For legal reasons, Sonos can’t just add particular new regions, they must get authorization from the company who ‘owns’ the voice system. 

Badge

Hi. Im not even concerned with the country. I leave in Spain and Alexa is active. This issue is that I cannot choose portuguese as the language. i donñt get as this is native in alexa. I have many davices configured in portuguese, but why in Sonos I donñt have this option as language I really dont understand.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear. Amazon has to authorize Sonos to use the Portuguese language in the Sonos software for Alexa. Sonos can’t just turn it on because Amazon uses it, they need to get authorization. 

Badge

I understand. More clear. Thank you. Nevertheless, I imagine Sonos should apply for it. In the website of Sonos there are no new language on the pipeline. What means that Sonos is not working to have that authorization. What is a pity for one of the most spoke languages in the world. But I understand. what I would like to have is a forecast from Sonos if they have their interest in doing that or not before I, and I imagine many other people, buy new devices.