Answered

Sonos appears offline on the Alexa app

• 26 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi Guys

Hoping you can help, I bought a Sonos 1 and when I'm trying to set up Alex the Sonos Item appears offline.

I've tried disabling the skill, re-booting the Sonos, turning on and off and nothing seems to work.

I'm quite disappointed to be honest, so much work and frustration for such an expensive item.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 26 April 2019, 08:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There is a known issue, affecting some users, with the Beam and Sonos One in Australia at present.

Moderator Note: This issue should now be resolved.

What’s the resolution? I’ve just (Dec’19, UK) started having this issue. I had two Sonos Ones in my kitchen working with Alexa perfectly. I’ve now added a Beam to the TV in the kitchen, and now Alexa no longer works and the speakers appear offline in the Alexa devices list. I have rebooted and disabled/re-enabled the Sonos skill etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What’s the resolution? I’ve just (Dec’19, UK) started having this issue. I had two Sonos Ones in my kitchen working with Alexa perfectly. I’ve now added a Beam to the TV in the kitchen, and now Alexa no longer works and the speakers appear offline in the Alexa devices list. I have rebooted and disabled/re-enabled the Sonos skill etc. 

Hi

First thing: When you add two Sonos One’s as surrounds to a Beam, the Mic is disabled on them as the Beam also has a mic. So I would expect Alexa to not respond from your Sonos One’s in this set-up, however, the Mic on the Beam should be activated.  Is the Mic light displayed on the Beam?

Can you open the Sonos App>Settings>Services>Voice>Amazon Alexa and ensure that the Beam is shown as ‘Enabled’?

Perfect - that’s sorted it. I linked the Ones as stereo speakers, then had de-linked them. So just needed to re-add them via the process you described above, in the Sonos App>Settings>Services>Voice>Amazon Alexa 

thanks!