Answered

sonos app / alexa

• 11 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Ok, called customer services today and was on the phone for a hour trying to resolve and was unable to, all of a sudden Alexa has stoped working on my one, went into the app and a voice assistant was not loaded on, went through the first steps of adding voice assistant after selecting Alexa I get a spinning loading wheel then the message “there was a problem starting Amazon alexa, make sure your mobile device is connected to Wi-Fi. 
done the usual uninstalling/ reinstalling apps and factory reset my speaker and still the same. Any ideas?!

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 12 September 2023, 12:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Luone, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Is it possible that your phone was on a mobile connection at the time or connected to a different access point in your home network than your Sonos speakers. If you have any additional networking equipment besides the router, try powering them down temporarily, then make sure you’re on the same network as your speakers before trying to add Alexa.

Also, if possible, try using a different device to add Alexa to see if that lets you finalize the installation.

I would highly advise against factory resetting your speaker going forward, unless specifically asked to by support. By factory resetting, you delete valuable diagnostic information.

I hope this helps!