Answered

Sonos and the Alexa app and SiriusXM

• 15 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I use Alexa for voice commands to play music on my Sonos speaker. Until recently everything worked fine. Now, when I ask Alexa to play music on Sirius xm, she says I need to enable the service and link my account on the Alexa app. It is. I’ve contacted support for the Alexa app. I’ve disabled the service and re enabled it. I’ve deleted the Sonos app and the Sirius xm from the app and reinstalled both. I still get the same message. I’ve unplugged the speaker and plugged it back in. I never had issues when I used the sonos1 app.

icon

Best answer by Paul A 16 February 2021, 00:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @LmfsG.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share with you some basic troubleshooting steps and please follow accordingly.

Allow me to recommend the following guides and please do follow accordingly.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,

I’ve done all that and now get this. Alexa recognizes my command (ie play E Street radio on Sirius XM) and she replies (E Street radio on Lisa’s Sirius XM), but no music plays. I only use two music services, Sirius XM and Amazon Music and she does this with both. I can ask her a question about the weather and I get a complete answer.

I just can’t figure this out!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @LmfsG.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

From this point, I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can take a look into what is the root cause of the issue.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,