Answered

Sonos and Ring Doorbell

• 31 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I’ve outsmarted myself and need help! I thought it would be cute to have Men at Work play “Who Can It Be Now” when the Ring doorbell is pressed.  Now it’s driving us nuts and I can’t figure out how I set it up so I can stop it. I’m embarrassed to say that not only does the music play, the Hue lights come on and the Alexa devices all make it abundantly clear someone is at my front door. I know, it’s insanity. But if I never hear that song again it’s too soon. Please don’t judge, just help.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 October 2021, 16:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I suspect that this is an Alexa Routine.

Edit:

You could always replace it with the B52’s love shack and wait for the line ‘knock a little louder I can’t hear you!’  - Sorry couldn’t resist! :joy:

Userlevel 7

In the Alexa app, tap More on the bottom right of the screen and tap Routines in the menu. Select the Ring Doorbell routine that plays the song and disable the routine or select a different song.