Question

Sonos and echo dot setup

• 15 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
hello

Just after some advice of the following idea of getting the echo dot audio to play through a sonos connect amp.

I have a connect amp with some ceiling speakers.
The amp is hidden away and the echo dot can't be connected with a cable to the aux in on the amp.
As AirPlay audio works with the aux in can you use 2 apple airport express to send and receive the audio from the echo dot to the connect amp?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the echo dot voice and not streaming music as I can see you can tell the echo dot to play audio on your different sonos players.
I would use the older wall plug apple express devices as they had a audio jack, plus small and now cheap on eBay.

2nd question.... if you have a deezer account on your sonos app, will the echo dot play from that?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I also have a connect amp in a closet with some ceiling speakers in my kitchen. I haven't done this yet, but my idea was to run a REALLY LONG aux cable from connect amp to the kitchen. Wouldn't that work?