Question

Sonos and Alexa and whole house sound system

• 30 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I have an Echo dot connected to a whole house sound system and I use Alexa to play Pandora through the system. If I add a Sonos system to the network, enable the skills, etc., will Pandora play through the Sonos speaker as well?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

You don't say what 'whole house system' you have. It's not possible for the Alexa component to group your existing system and Sonos players together. The best way would be to purchase either a Play:5 or Amp and then connect your existing system to the 'Line In' connection.
It's basically an intercom system. I run a 3.5 mm cable from the echo Dot and sound plays throughout the house. I would like to add additional stand-alone speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If they are passive speakers than an Amp would be best, please check the specs here. https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/amp.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwh6XmBRDRARIsAKNInDEH7IFNE0mxipAfLtjWCqIDAS10R09s5UXtra05ob2uMpCyl5mCtFcaAhHYEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edit:

Along with any other Sonos speakers you require, this would enable audio to output via Voice Control to your existing speakers and new Sonos speakers.