Answered

Sonos alexa updates?

• 11 March 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 33 replies
Hi. Is it possible to get a list of things sonos is working on in relation to alexa's dire voice control. We know theyve said google assistant is in the pipeline, audible has been mentioned to. What about services like napster and locally stored music? Are they being worked on or were the numerous requests for these services just placed on the shelf labelled "if we ignore it, they will go away."
icon

Best answer by Chris 11 March 2018, 20:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You have intermixed to different topics here.

Alexa Service - Amazon still working on abilities here. Anything Alexa voice service is controlled by amazon. They just added Deezer support. I don't forsee Amazon ever adding local stored music ability to the voice service. When it comes to services or abilities here then Amazon is the one to question.

Audible - lots of leaks and most expect it to launch by mid-march (next Tuesday we hope)

Google Assistant - different voice service. Most expect we will see mid-summer.

Apple Airplay2 - Apple still hasn't figured this one out enough to put on their own speaker. Once Apple gets their act together and actually gets Airplay2 working properly we would expect about 3 months later for Sonos add it. I would have earlier predicted summer. But with Apple still struggling to get it right I think Sonos implementation is probably looking like Sept-Oct time period.