Question

Sonos / Alexa / Sonoff compatibility issue?

• 14 November 2017
  • 3 replies

I setup my echo dot to my 2 Sonos Play 1 and was able to control volume, turn on/off etc. Today I added a sonoff Wifi Switch (from amazon - compatible with Echo) which is working correctly however, now I can't control the volume or turn on/off my sonos (I can still select what to play though). I keep getting 'Sonos is not responding' or 'That command doesn't work on Sonos'. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or has any suggested fixes?

(I've already tried renaming and resetting the dot)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Go to your Alexa app under Smart devices and make sure there are no duplicate names. If there are, make the names unique.
Hi jgatie, I've already tried renaming - I have my second Sonos labelled as 'Living Room' and I'm still having the same problem. Also, I'm not sure why I can chose what to play but not control volume. I'm not sure if wiping everything and starting again is the best option...

PS Thanks for the reply!
Disabling and renenabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app sometimes helps. Also, make sure you tell Alexa to "discover devices" after renaming them.