Answered

Sonos Alexa not finding smart lights

• 25 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I just got my first Sonos, a Roam. I have Alexa enabled. I also have Wi-Fi color changing lights from Feit. 

If tell the Alexa through the Roam to turn on the lights, it’s fine. If I tell it to change to a color, it tells me device not found. This isn’t an issue on my Amazon Alexa devices. Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your advice. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 April 2021, 01:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This sounds like a limitation of whatever Alexa skill you are using with your Feit lights. Some skills may not work with third party ‘Alexa-enabled’ components and maybe designed to work with Amazon echo devices/Apps only.

I would goto the skill in the Alexa App and reach out to the developer with your issue and see what they say, then if necessary, perhaps persuade/request them to get their Alexa Skill to work with ‘Alexa-enabled’ devices, like Sonos.

I did contact Feit and there shouldn’t have been a problem from a third party device. 

The problem was that the Sonos was registered to me but all the other devices to my wife and we have a household Amazon account. So the Sonos could control certain things as part of a different household account but not other things.

I deregistered the Sonos from my Amazon account, relinked it to my wife’s and it was fixed.