Question

Sonos/Alexa issue's

• 27 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
Sonos 1/Alexa both installed on android phone, twice! both can "see" all sonos speakers but Alexas not connected to internet. Sonos app can't bring up Amazon as speaker devise. Amazon say's change WiFi settings but still can find Amazon.:?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Best to reset your voice settings.

First of all please Disable and then Enable the Sonos skill within the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills. Then select Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover.

If the problem persists then please follow the steps I've listed within the answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Badge +1
Hi thanks for your reply. I don't have "Disable and then Enable the Sonos skill within the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills. Then select Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover." but In Alexa i do have all Sonos speakers
Badge +1
this is found under "settings" & this is where "Andy's HTC Alexa" is displaying "Offline" the odd thing is I have "Andy's Sonos One & Andy's 2nd Sonos One" both listed as online but it's not the name I gave i.e Kitchen & Office? Best Andy
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

If you haven't enabled the Sonos skill then voice control won't work, have you searched in Alexa App>Skills for Sonos? What country are you located in?

Edit: Just to be clear you need to search for the Sonos skill in Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills and then Disable it followed by Enable. Then select Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover.
Badge +1
Hi UkMedia-Just an update....A rather lengthy call to technical at Sonos, and most issues have been cured. Bottom line was the downloads were corrupt & for some reason Alexa was looking for an american accent! This was cured with a change in Dos-a few years since I have played around in the "Dark side"!!! Both work now & Alexa is learning as much as me, today is the day I add the Family room Playbar, sub & 2no Play3's if I can keep the 6 year old away from her for 5 min's-maths & spelling become "fun" when Alexa talks to him 🙂 In closing it's fun & when the bugs are ironed out things should be better....but is it worth the extra cost £100 quid more than a play? only in my book if you could set an Alexa up as a stereo pair with a play1,3,5 so you could have it in two rooms. Watch this space as I learn more I shall share my experiences. Best wishes to all for the New Year Andy
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Good news Andy, Happy New Year 🙂