Answered

Sonos Alexa and Spotify premium

• 4 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I have a sonos one gen 2, and Spotify premium account. Whenever I ask Alexa to: "Play [song] by [artist]" it always says "Playing [artist] radio". I've tried unlinking, and relinking accounts and services/skills in Alexa and Sonos but still no luck. I also get Spotify ads (not third party) so I guess it thinks I have the free Spotify? I'm stumped. 

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 4 March 2020, 09:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Try un-linking the Spotify account in the Sonos app and re-link.  Is there just the one Spotify account in your Sonos profile?

Right, I finally figured this out.

If you remove Spotify from the sonos app but still have it linked in Alexa. Alexa will still play Spotify if you you ask her to. You have to make any updates in Alexa. 

What my problem was is that I have 2 Spotify accounts linked to my email address. One that's linked with Facebook and a stand alone one.

When I linked the account with Alexa I used my email address and it defaulted to my Facebook one, which only had the free version. 

I had to relink Spotify in Alexa and use my Spotify username to force it to the account with the premium subscription.