Answered

Sonos, Alexa and now Apple Music

• 17 December 2018
  • 3 replies

So as of now Alexa now supports Apple Music. It works with my Echo Dot. Will Sonos be supporting voice services with Apple Music now as well? I know the official launch date is 12/17 so maybe I am a day early, however it is working on my Echo...Please Advise!

Steve
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 December 2018, 03:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge
I was able to add Apple Music skill to the Alexa app, but when I asked my Sonos ONE to play a playlist from Apple it said "Apple Music is not supported on this device"

Maybe just an update to the Sonos controller software is coming soon?
I am getting the "Apple Music is not supported on this device" message on Sonos as well, despite the my Echo Dot being able play Apple Music. Hope they get this fixed, was excited for Dec 17 to get here and this let me down.
Apple Music via Alexa is not currently available on Sonos ... see the reply here from Sonos Staff (Ryan S.):

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-now-playing-with-alexa-groups-6817588/index1.html#post16295159