Sonos, Alexa and Ireland

• 19 December 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Sexy Sonos people.

I can only assume you're sexy, because my Sonos speakers are sexy. If you're not sexy, or if you don't appreciate being called sexy, then I apologise.

Speaking of sexy, do you know what else is sexy? Cadbury Creme Eggs. Its a perfect combination, the chocolate and the mysterious filling. It just goes together and the texture as you eat it is divine. Each bite, no matter what stage you are in the consumption of a Creme Egg, is a perfectly sexy combination. Its hard to tell just when the chocolate ends and the mysterious filling begins because they just fit together in a wonderful perfection. A righteous coupling. Just talking about it is making want to eat one.

180 calories later and I'm back. Do you know what else is as sexy a the taste sensation of a Cadbury's Creme Egg? Thats right, Alexa Integration with Sonos. IT IS THE ULTIMATE CREME EGG!

Did you know you can get Creme Eggs in many countries around the world? Cadbury's ship them wherever people want to eatthem. Its true! But do you know whats sad? I cant get my Sonos speakers; my Playbar, my Sub, my Sonos 5 or my 2x Sonos 1's to integrate with Alexa because I'm in Ireland. Super sad face. :(

Now that Amazon have made Alexa and the Echo available in Ireland recently. It makes sense to share the Sonos love here too, I mean we're right next door to our UK neighbours.

But Alexa and Sonos don't seem to want to work in Ireland. Is it an anti-Paddy thing? Is it because you're afraid that the Irish nation may ask Alexa to play songs too awesome for Alexa and Sonos to work properly? Could the over requesting of Christy Moore or Dustin the Turkey really cause the Sonos and Alexa infrastructure to collapse?

I mean its possible. Dustin got into the Eurovision even though he's just a turkey. But I'd like to think even Irish tastes in music couldn't cause the lovely relationship to breakdown between Alexa and Sonos.

So it leads me to ask; when will Sonos and Alexa work in my humble country? When will 800 years of oppression be replaced with the warm sounds of Alexa telling me she's playing my favourite Twink song through my collection of €2,500 worth of sexy musical equipment?

Now I know what you're about to do. Your sexy fingers are about to copy and paste the standard reply "While we do not have information on when Amazon will get Alexa functionality to Ireland, I can still forward your request to the team." But Come on now lads, Newton didn't blame the apple tree when its offspring hit him on the head. He didn't email his science pals and ask them what it meant. He took the apple by its pips and made sexy science come out of it.

So sexy Sonos people, now is your turn to grab the Apple by its pips, turn the volume up to 11 and eat the Creme Egg from the outside in: when will Sonos and Alexa work in Ireland?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

The answer will remain the same regardless of how the question is asked: Soon.

Which is better than what we get for India where Alexa was released almost two months ago. On the other hand, based on how it works as I discovered via a hack, it is far from being a righteous coupling at this time. And if you have any Sonos unit with a line in jack on it, a Dot wired to it will work just as well in many respects and better in some. Today, if the Dot works well on its own in Ireland.
What a laugh! 😃 Thanks ImprovNeil
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, ImprovNeil. Thanks for opening with that compliment. I'll take it, though I assure you, my avatar is not indicative of the general level of sexiness at Sonos... Sadly. I'm afraid I have to disappoint you for the time being, we still don't have any news on Alexa in Ireland. We're working hard to roll it out in as many regions as possible but haven't got any indication of how long this may take. I have found some comfort, in at least knowing that you have an adequate supply of confectionery to alleviate the pain for now. Let us know if you need anything else.
My sonos arrived today
Very angry to find Alexa not available in Ireland on Sonos. Sending product back
:D:D:D:D

ImprovNeil I feel your piece needs to published in the national broadsheet media, if not...... at least thejournal.ie!

It's brightened things up for me after finding out Alexa won't work.

Sort it out Sonos!!
I changed to uk settings. Now its working fine
How you change to the UK?
Mine been working for weeks. But stopped this week. Wondering did update change something.