Sonos 2 App

This. Application is slow it’s terrible for Alexa commands and refuses to answer and listen just like my older children sometimes it works after you yelled at three times it’s horrible I hope you’re doing something to fix it 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Voice control on the Sonos app? Is this post a joke?

Nooooo not at alll man seriously it’s a problem it’s only listening af sever louder commands, I had to swutch to Sonos 2 because I added the beam it’s a pr sound is aw as usual, but no it’s a serious ? ☘️Hugh 

Problem 

Sound awesome, dame auto spell 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What @John B was trying to get across is that understanding and execution of voice commands are carried out by Amazon's cloud servers and nothing to do with the Sonos App. Otherwise, voice commands would only work when someone's phone with the app was switched on! 🤔

I suggest that you Disable then Enable the Sonos skill within the Alexa App, and then retest.

And talk to the speaker rather than shout into your phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I had to swutch to Sonos 2 because I added the beam 

For future readers of this post: the Beam is Sonos 1 capable - there's no need to switch to s2 if you add a Beam.

Hey h1) am not shouting into my phone 2) I didn’t hv a problem  till I switch two the Sonos 2 App , an I will get back to you an your guessing when I solve problem ok , have  some tea, an go back too bed   Sincerely , be safe , don’t miss understand I lv the Brits , ya American friend 

Ya it would not let me connect unless I did , my system in through out my house 11 speakers an so yes I did

Sleep  well be getting bk yoovya