Answered

Sky News Flash Briefing Update Not Available

• 27 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I’ve recently reset my Sonos One speaker and everything is ok except when I now ask for my News Flash Briefing using the Alexa voice command it replies ‘getting your flash briefing’ and then follows it up with ‘sorry this update is not available’. It repeats that four times as my briefing is set up for Sky News, Sport, Business and then the weather update. My skills are enabled. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 March 2024, 11:46

View original

5 replies

I would perhaps try removing and reinstalling the Sky News skill in the Amazon Alexa App (and any other related skills) and see if that perhaps fixes the matter for you. 

Thanks for the reply but tried and it still won’t work!!! So frustrating!!

Thanks for the reply but tried and it still won’t work!!! So frustrating!!

Maybe try swapping it out for another news service in the Alexa App, like the BBC news device , for example, and then swap it back again and see if that fixes it. See screenshot from my Alexa App.

Thanks. I’ll give that a go. I think it must be a problem with my Sonos settings though rather than Alexa as the Sky News briefing plays fine when asked to on my iPhone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Timus14 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you are still encountering this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.