Question

Sharing iTunes

• 15 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi any ideas how to add my mrs iTunes account to sonos so she can play her stuff when I am out?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
iTunes music residing on a computer ... in the cloud. ARe you an apple music subscriber?

? where are these songs?
Gareth F.
Can you clarify your post please. Do you mean her iTunes library stored/accessible somewhere on your local network, or do you mean her Apple Music subscription?

These are two different things and your post is not clear. If it’s the former can you give some indication where her files are held.
Hi Ken / Chris, thanks for your questions. These songs are under her ITunes library not subscription (although we do have sharing capabilities). All music is currently on her iPhone. Thanks in advance, appreciate your help
Sorry Chris, it seems your post and mine were both being typed at the same moment ... but exactly my point, the OP needs to provide some clarification of what is meant by the term... 'iTunes Account'.
Gareth F.

Okay the files on the phone can only be accessed using the Sonos Controller on that phone, whilst the phone is connected to the same WiFi network as the Sonos speakers... obviously if she leaves the premises (and the WiFi Network) the tracks are no longer accessible.

Any other controllers will not see those files... so just her phone only will see them.

If she syncs her phone with a PC or Mac (iTunes Library) on the same network, then it’s possible to share the library files across the network whilst the PC/MAC is switched on and connected to the LAN. That way every Sonos Controller can view and access those tracks to play on all your Sonos devices

Another method is to setup a NAS box on the LAN and store/share her files from that device... these too will be accessible to every Sonos Controller and Sonos device.
Hi Ken, thanks for your help found it via the app. Top work, thank you ??