Question

Setup Alexa on Sonos on Portuguese Language

• 5 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I’m from Portugal. Cannot setup voice control on my sonos one because i live in Portugal. When will i be able to setup this amazing speaker with alexa?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ricseixas.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your interest in setting up Alexa voice service on your Sonos speaker, but the service is not yet available in your country.

You may refer to this article to find a list of countries where Amazon Alexa will be supported on Sonos soon:

Amazon Alexa availability on Sonos

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I'm having the same issue.

I had Alexa working fine with Portuguese but out of the blue it switched to English.

When I went to Sonos configuration app there was no Portuguese option.

Is there any way to get Alexa to change back to Portuguese?

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Pedro Silva.

Thanks for reaching out, I’d be glad to help you out.

You can use the Sonos app to change the Alexa language for any of your voice-enabled Sonos speakers.

NOTE: The language can be changed to any of Alexa’s supported languages on Sonos.

If the Portuguese option is not available, it means that the language is not yet supported.

For more information, you may also check Amazon Alexa’s page, here is the link:

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/blogs/alexa/device-makers/2019/10/alexa-voice-service-expands-to-brazilian-portuguese-with-devices-from-intelbras-bose-sony-and-lg

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Portugal is a Small country but i think that we should be Able to have this feature here. we bought the product in Portugal só we must have all the features 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ricseixas.

Thanks for reaching out and we appreciate your feedback.

We are working with the teams at Amazon to bring Alexa support to as many regions as possible.

While we don’t have any news to share today, you can stay up to date with future availability here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3505

Please let us know if you have additional concerns. We’d be glad to send them up for you.

Hi @Annazel S , thanks for the quick reply!

The thing is that I had Alexa working with Portuguese on my Sonos and then it deliberately changed to English without giving me the option to change back to Portuguese.

It makes no sense to me that I had the language working with the system and now it won't give me the option anymore.

Is there a place where I can request this feature back?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Pedro Silva.

Thanks for the reply and my apologies for the delayed response.

We highly appreciate your feedback and request here in the community.

I will log this request and pass it along with the team.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.