Answered

Setup a 2nd product to work with Alexa

• 13 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I have had a Sone One using Alexa for a couple of years.  I have now bought a Beam to add to my network.  That has all connected to Sonos and my TV now.  I tried to get the Beam added to my Alexa account last night.  It goes through process through logging in to my Amazon account and choosing a language (English) but then fails with “Something has gone wrong”!

Anyone have any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 13 March 2024, 12:08

View original

2 replies

Don't worry, your Beam and Alexa should be BFFs. Here's how to troubleshoot the connection:

• Restart Party: Power cycle both your Beam and main Alexa deviceb like an Echo. Sometimes a fresh start does the trick!
  • Login Double Check: Make sure you typed in your Amazon info perfectly when linking the Beam. A typo might be the culprit.
  • App Fix: Try removing the Sonos skill from your Alexa app and then adding it back in. This can clear up any connection hiccups.
  • Sonos App Check: Open the Sonos app and ensure your Beam is connected and updated. Outdated software can cause problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you already have Alexa setup on your Sonos One, then you just need to open the Sonos App>Settings>Services & Voice>Amazon Alexa and add your new Beam.