Answered

setting up echo dot with play one

• 1 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi all, I'm having great difficulty with the alexa app. not finding it at all user friendly. I have a sonos one which is connected to my system in my lounge and working ok. I have a play one in my bedroom that I wish to connect an echo dot to. The dot is already signed into my Amazon account. I cannot find how to connect it to my play one as all help I have seen says to enable sonos skill and follow instructions. Sonos skill is already enable when I set up sonos one. How do I pair an echo dot with a play one. grateful for any help thank you
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 1 October 2018, 17:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Currently, there isn't really any pairing available between an echo device and a play:1. When making a request to play music on the play:1 you'll need to 'target' the request, by adding "on " to your voice command. Something like "alexa, play top 40 hits in the bedroom".

The sort of pairing you want is a common request, but there isn't really anything Sonos can do about it at the moment. Amazon needs to enable functionality on their side first. If I were to guess, I'd say this functionality will happen in the next few months.
Thank you very much. I wish there was a basic guide to all of this. Saying what it cannot do would be the section to visit first!
Is there any update on this. I had to buy an echo dot to be able to use drop in functionality becuase this option was not available in Sonos One with the integrated Alexa. It works ok to play music and ask some questions but I wish now I can play my sonos and the echo dot at the same time. Seems there was an option to create a group but when trying to hook them up the sonos appears in gray out. IS this going to be available any time soon to have them work seamlessly ?