routine command alexa on sonos

• 21 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
i gave routine alexa command directly to sonos one. it works well.
but why everytime i receivs a sonos message that say it's impossible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sonos does not yet ‘officially’ support Alexa routines, but you may occasionally find that some features/aspects may work.
Badge
Sonos does not yet ‘officially’ support Alexa routines, but you may occasionally find that some features/aspects may work.

It's strange but from italy i give alexa command routine direct to sonos and IT'S WORKS!!!!!!!

but whay sonos voice says that it doesen't work

it would be nocie if we could build routines that can take all potential from sonos services
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
When will this be officially supported? This is a bit ridiculous that this most basic Alexa capability would be missed in the Sonos One product. Can someone at Sonos respond with a fruitful update please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When will this be officially supported? This is a bit ridiculous that this most basic Alexa capability would be missed in the Sonos One product. Can someone at Sonos respond with a fruitful update please?
What is your specific issue please? With regard to Routines, Sonos currently support:

1/ The initiation of Routines via Voice Control;
2/ It is possible to include an Action to output audio within Alexa Routines to any of your Sonos devices. Please follow these steps to create a very simple Routine but the steps are easy to adapt and include within existing Alexa Routines:

1 Open the Alexa App and click on the menu 3 bars in the top;
2 Select Routines in the Menu;
3 Click the ‘+’ sign in the top right corner of the App;
4 Click ‘When this happens’ and then ‘Voice’;
5 Enter ‘audio test’ – it’s still best to not use capitals;
6 Click ‘Add action’ and then click ‘Play’;
7 Type in ‘Ed Sheeran On [Sonos Room Name]’;
8 Click ‘From’ and then select a source;
9 Click ‘Save’
10 This will now work via the command ‘Alexa, Audio Test’

Are you trying to do something different?