Resolving (the majority) of Issues with Alexa on Sonos

Show first post

80 replies

Is there a way to not silence all Sonos speakers when Alexa is active? We have Sonos speakers throughout the house (two stories). We have two echo dots (one on the first floor, one on the second floor). Every time someone makes a request to Alexa, all of the Sonos speakers go silent. This is annoying when someone is listening to music on the second floor, for example, and someone is asking a question on the first floor. Ideally only the speakers near the Echo dot would go silent. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Use Alexa groups. See this thread for details:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-now-playing-with-alexa-groups-6817588/index7.html#post16305403
I ran into an issue last night (and am still trying to resolve). I have a Beam and a One, with room names Living Room and Kitchen. When I first set up Sonos integration with Alexa, all worked perfectly. including Alexa grouping with Sonos. Last night my Sonos devices in Alexa no longer displayed the Sonos room name, but showed 'Jeff's Sonos One', the icon changed and I couldn't have both Sonos devices as 'Preferred Speakers' in my group. I've reset literally everything, but I can't get the Sonos room names to show back up. See attached screenshot for the icon in Alexa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Badge +1
jwelch649 wrote:

I ran into an issue last night (and am still trying to resolve). I have a Beam and a One, with room names Living Room and Kitchen. When I first set up Sonos integration with Alexa, all worked perfectly. including Alexa grouping with Sonos. Last night my Sonos devices in Alexa no longer displayed the Sonos room name, but showed 'Jeff's Sonos One', the icon changed and I couldn't have both Sonos devices as 'Preferred Speakers' in my group. I've reset literally everything, but I can't get the Sonos room names to show back up. See attached screenshot for the icon in Alexa.

FWIW, this sounds a lot like what I'm seeing, if not identical: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/starting-yesterday-alexa-cannot-discover-any-sonos-devices-as-speakers-but-sonos-devices-accept-voice-input-6819621
jwelch649 wrote:

If you've added your Sonos speakers to iOS HomeKit using the Home app, it will periodically (nightly i believe) sync the room names in the Sonos app with the Home app. So maybe you have it labelled as 'Jeff's Sonos One' in the Home app? For me, the room names in the Sonos app kept resetting back to 'Sonos Speaker' - turns out it was the Home app doing this, so i just renamed them their and it's now good.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings