Question

Renaming Speakers - Agreement between Sonos Names/Location and Alexa App Names/Location

• 9 January 2018
  • 2 replies

I started with a Play:1 and Play:3 - all was good. I added a Sonos 1 and put it where the Play:3 was located, put the Play:3 in a new location. Have sorted out the new names and locations to match in Sonos. However, in Amazon Alexa, the names do not match Sonos. Is that a problem? If so, the only way I know to be sure the Amazon Alexa names match the Sonos names and speakers are by the speaker serial number. I have the serial numbers from "my Products" in my Sonos account but can't find the numbers on the speakers and none of these numbers match any of the serial numbers listed in Amazon Alexa. How to resolve this ID problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please open the PC version of the Alexa App (https://alexa.amazon.com) and select Smart Home>Devices>Forget All followed by 'Discover'. WARNING: If you've created any Alexa Routines, this will delete All Actions from ALL Routines.
Thank you, Rising Star. Solution worked great.