Answered

Remove Alexa from SONOS ONE?

• 1 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Does anyone know how to remove an Alexa account from the SONOS app on an Android?

1) I removed the SONOS skill from the Alexa app, deregistered the SONOS, and then logged out of the Alexa app.
2) I logged out of the Amazon shopping app.
3) In the SONOS app, I go to "Voice Services" > and the Amazon Alexa account is still there. When I select it, I have the standard options for Room Settings, View Alexa Setup, and Learn More. Neither of the three have an option to remove the account.

Am I missing something here? How do I remove the Alexa account?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 March 2018, 10:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Why do you want to remove the Alexa Account? If your goal is to sell, or transfer the unit to another user, simply factory reset the unit. How many other SONOS units are in the house? Are you using Alexa for other purposes?
No offense, but the reason why I want to remove Alexa does not matter. I would just like to know if there is a way to remove the Alexa account from the app. If the only way is a hard reset, then that's a UI oversight by SONOS's development team.
The most immediate action would be to turn OFF the microphone.
In the Sonos Controller Settings go into the Room where the Sonos One is located and remove the link to Alexa from there.
go into your alexa page in amazon and disable the skill.
I did a Factory Reset (holding the Connect button on the back of the unit while plugging in the device) and also removed the device from Amazon Alexa account.

Now the iOS Sonos application shows the little red circle with a 1 on the "... More" button on the bottom of the screen (like how iOS shows how many applications need updating in a little circle). This indicates one item to be setup, but I have found no way to disable the little tag. Thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I did a Factory Reset (holding the Connect button on the back of the unit while plugging in the device) and also removed the device from Amazon Alexa account.

Now the iOS Sonos application shows the little red circle with a 1 on the "... More" button on the bottom of the screen (like how iOS shows how many applications need updating in a little circle). This indicates one item to be setup, but I have found no way to disable the little tag. Thoughts?

There's no way to disable the red circle alert.
Thanks Ken for your reply made it easy...Alexa was outta control...way too talkative ??