Question

Release of Alexa on Sonos One in Australia is still the 21st Dec 2017?

• 20 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Does anyone know whether Alexa is still going to be released on Sonos One tomorrow? (21st Dec 2017) Seems to be no publicity about it online if it is....appreciate any knowledge/updates anyone has on this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Is Alexa available on Amazon Echo/Dot there? Unless that happens, there is no way for Alexa+Sonos to work. And even then, only via line in sockets on Sonos kit for a few months thereafter, going by the way Sonos is doing this in other areas where Amazon has taken that first step.
Userlevel 1
I have the USA version of the Echo Dot working just fine here in Australia and its working perfectly with my SONOS system. The latest SONOS firmware fully supports Alexa voice commands from the Echo and I can ask it to play music from Spotify, iHeart Radio and my own music list. I can ask for music by Genre or Artist and tell it which speaker group to play on. The only limitation I've seen is that it currently doesn't support Apple Music so I had to transfer my streaming music source to Spotify. Having said that I don't know if the new SONOS One can be configured the same way just yet.

I also use the Echo to control WiFi smart lights and switches in my house.

According to Amazon, official Australia support for Alexa devices is supposed to occur early 2018. I expect they will launch an AU server for Alexa which will provide additional support for Australian service and companies.
I've been wondering the same thing about the Sonos. Check out this page for Alexa's release in Australia though. Might be able to help some others set up their system.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1574007559364743/
Badge
The 1st Feb , Alexa's is release in Australia .
Those who have moved to Australian Alexa should note that the Sonos One will no longer support Alexa directly - presumably until Sonos flick a switch somewhere. Any idea when this will happen?