Question

Radio Paradise Alexa Skill not working properly on Sone One

• 9 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

recently, I have tried to use the German Radio Paradise Alexa Skill on my Sonos One. It acknowledges my command and responds with “Playing Radio Paradise”. Unfortunately, it then does not play the station properly, All I can hear is a crackling noise every few seconds. I tried already deactivating/ activating the skill und rebooting the Sonos One with no improvement.

The skill works fine on my Amazon Echo device in the same network.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Chris

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hello Chris, welcome to the Sonos Community. I understand you are having audio issues with a Sonos One when playing German Radio Paradise. Please confirm for us that this is happening from other music services like TuneIn or Pandora. When you are testing the other music services please use this FAQ link on how to send us a diagnostic report. We will need that diagnostic report number in your reply with the testing results. Lastly, do you hear the same audio issues when you group the Sonos One to any other Sonos products that you have on your system?

Dear John,

many thanks for your answer. The issue does not occur when playing radio stations on TuneIn (including RadioParadise). It only happens when using the German Radio Paradise Alexa Skill. After the “Welcome to Radio Paradise” (in German), the crackling (every few seconds) starts. Grouping it with other Sonos speaking does not change the behavior. The skill works perfectly fine on an Amazon Echo device that I also own.

I have just sent you a diagnostic report with the following number: 1426724423.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Chris, You are very welcome for the assistance. You are describing the issue as being specific to the German Radio Paradise. This could be with the Amazon Alexa skill settings. Are you in Germany using the service? It may be a Geo-lock region issue with Amazon.

Based on the results of the diagnostic report I would ask that you take these steps:

1. Power off/on your modem/router(s)/extender(s)/access point(s) for 30 seconds with no lights.
  2. As they are powering back on then power off/on your Sonos products for 15 seconds with no lights.
  3. As they are powering on then e-boot the mobile device(s) you have running the Sonos app.

When you are connected back to the network and Sonos test the music service and let us know the testing results for these steps. If you are noticing the audio issue after the previous steps, please temporarily Ethernet wire your Sonos Connect or Sonos One to your router and test playback once more in this configuration. You can reply back here with the testing results along with a new diagnostic report and report number here.