Answered

Presets (Sonos One)

• 19 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Is there a way to create Alexa presets on Sonos One ?
i.e.: Play 1 --> would play defined TuneIn station, Play 2 --> would play defined Spotify playlist...etc
icon

Best answer by Phloem 22 March 2019, 17:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You might need to clarify this a bit. How would invoke these presets? A vocal command? A set time? Pressing a button on the speaker or on your phone somewhere?
Userlevel 1
Vocal command. "Alexa, play 1" , "Alexa play preset one"..or similar
I don't think you can do that with Alexa and Sonos alone, but you can when you involve a 3rd part smart hub/app. I believe you can do something like this with the Yonomi app. I typically do it with Lutron, so that I can combine my lights with music choice. You probably can do it with IFTTT.

As an example, I have a 5 AM alarm every weekday that play a present music (Sonos favorite) in the master bedroom, bathroom, and family room, while also turning on lights in the bathroom, kitchen, and front porch. I also have one I use by voice command to turn off every light and play Queen (I haven't used that one in a while).
Userlevel 1
I got it working with Yonomi, thanks.