Answered

Post-powerloss set up

• 15 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Whenever I lose power the Sonos system (5 devices) no longer are recognized by the Sonos app. I try dozens of times to reset.  No luck.  Amazon Alexa has no issues, reconnects right away and allows me to control the devices in seconds.  Typically after a week, the Sonos app starts to control again without any intervention by me. Does anyone else experience something like this? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 15 July 2023, 00:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Stop resetting.  It doesn't do anything a simple reboot wouldn't do, and it erases important diagnostic info.  What you need to do is go into your router setup and reserve IP addresses for each of your Sonos devices.  This will cure the problem forever.

Stop resetting.  It doesn't do anything a simple reboot wouldn't do, and it erases important diagnostic info.  What you need to do is go into your router setup and reserve IP addresses for each of your Sonos devices.  This will cure the problem forever.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I appreciate your advice and will follow it. Have a great weekend.

When I took this step, it took me a while to find the instructions in my router’s manual on how to do it, and I was pretty nervous. But it turned out to be fairly simple to do, so I did it for almost every device on my network, and I’ve been happy ever since.

It’s a great recommendation to do this.

Particularly with Sonos, which tends to ask for new IP addresses from your router more frequently than other devices. 

When I took this step, it took me a while to find the instructions in my router’s manual on how to do it, and I was pretty nervous. But it turned out to be fairly simple to do, so I did it for almost every device on my network, and I’ve been happy ever since.

It’s a great recommendation to do this.

Particularly with Sonos, which tends to ask for new IP addresses from your router more frequently than other devices. 

Thank you very much!