Answered

Playbase and Alexa

• 14 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Alexa will not discover my Playbase as a device. It is in the Sonus App in the TV room. I can play music from the Sonus app on the playbase. But Alexa will not play on the Playbase saying there is no such device. I have even set p multiroom on Alexa.
icon

Best answer by fdastoor 16 July 2018, 22:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Alexa will not discover my Playbase as a device. It is in the Sonus App in the TV room. I can play music from the Sonus app on the playbase. But Alexa will not play on the Playbase saying there is no such device. I have even set p multiroom on Alexa.

How are you referring to the Playbase with Alexa? I call it the assigned Sonos name (i.e. Living Room) and Alexa recognizes I want to play something there about 30-40% of the time.
I was able to resolve the issue in the following manner: I disabled the Sonos skill in Alexa app. Then enabled Sonos skill again and had Alexa re-discover all my Sonos speakers. The Playbase was discovered properly. I can now play music directly on the Playbase when I need to.

Thanks to all for their help and suggestions.