Play1 Alexa & Smart Plugs UK

• 30 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
I am based in the UK and looking to buy some smart plugs. I would like to use them in conjunction with Alexa. Having experienced some voice commands that do not work with Sonos Alexa (but do with my Echo Dot) I want to ensure the smart plugs will work with the Sonos Alexa. Any knowledge/experience would be great.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I bought a Meross smart plug as well as an extension lead (that included 3 usb ports and 3 plug sockets). I think I paid £12.99 for the plug and got the extension for £16 in a lightning deal on Amazon. Both work brilliantly and the Meross app is pretty straightforward. I particularly like the Sunrise/Sunset timer option on the smart plug that means I don't have to keep changing the on/off time on my lights as it adjusts the time depending on your location.

Hope that helps.

Jacob
I can confirm TP-Link smart plugs work fine with Sonos Alexa devices
Badge
Thanks, have gone for the TP-Links as they came up on several review I was looking at. thanks for your input. 😃