Answered

Play 5 1st gen and alexa

• 23 June 2018
  • 2 replies

Can you run a play 5 1st gen directly thru the alexa sonos skill? I have set up the skill it see the speaker but alexa does not recognize it. Just want to play tunein or send bluetooth music from my phone to alexa then to the play 5
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 23 June 2018, 15:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes, you can. Not recognizing it? You should be able to say something like ' Alexa play on Tunein on . Is it saying it doesn't recognize your Sonos zone? You may want to disable and setup the skill again. Sometimes that works.

As far as bluetooth music, that won't work. If you're using an echo as a bluetooth speaker, you can't transfer that over to the Play:5 speaker. Maybe I don't understand what you mean.
If you connected the Echo device to the PLAY:5 with a headphone cable to the line in on the PLAY:5, and set up auto play on the line in, you could use Bluetooth to the Echo, and have it play on the Sonos. As an option 😉