Answered

play 1 voice commands not working at all

• 6 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Someone put me out of my misery!

Four months ago my Sonos play1 has decided to not work with voice commands.

I use Alexa to play radio or Spotify.

Now Alexa works but it won't actually carry out the command.

I've factory reset the Sonos, deleted the apps. Disabled and re enabled Alexa, pretty much everything any forum seems to suggest.

Has anyone got a fix for this as it's almost pointless owning a Sonos that doesn't work with voice control. It's infuriating!!! 🥴

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 November 2022, 10:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’m impressed that it worked until 4 months ago.

The Play:1 has no microphone, so to the best of my knowledge it cannot, and has never, worked with voice control (unless you had a Dot or similar to control it). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hannah1010 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Assuming that you do have an Echo or similar (@nik9669a is correct), there’s likely an issue with the security tokens that the two devices exchange with the servers involved (Alexa, Sonos and Spotify). To resolve this, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who will guide you through the process of decoupling the Sonos device from the services so that connections can be re-established. I recommend a call in the first instance.

Please do not factory reset your Sonos devices without being instructed to do so - it rarely helps, and there is an inherent risk in doing so. Not to mention all the extra work it creates for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You could also go through my post here: Tips & Tricks - Resolving Most Alexa Issues | Sonos Community

Apologies, it's the sonos1.  

Perhaps you mean the Sonos One? There is no Sonos1….

And yes, Sonos’ naming conventions are, shall we say, a tad confusing….

Has anyone got a fix for this as it's almost pointless owning a Sonos that doesn't work with voice control. It's infuriating!!! 🥴

Well, some steadfast and courageous souls managed to cope somehow without voice control for the first fourteen years that Sonos existed. Rumour has it that there are primitive tribes in the Amazonian rainforest who still use the app. :)