Answered

Pairing Sonos One and Sonos One SL

• 12 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I am new to Sonos and bought an Arc with two speakers for the TV in lounge. However, I am trying out the Sonos One and Sonos One SL in the kitchen and they are fabulous. My issue is that Alexa was working fine with the One but then I paired it with the SL and it has stopped working.

The shop told me I could pair them and still use voice assistant. Help, please.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 12 October 2020, 14:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please open the Sonos App>Settings>Services & Voice>Amazon Alexa and ensure that your Sonos One is still Enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As I recall, pairing One’s disables the microphone on the left speaker? Will the system do the same with a mix of One and SL?  If so, it will be necessary to have the One as Right speaker and the SL as the Left. (Or is it the other way around?) 

Thank you for replying. Currently, the One is R and the SL is left. So maybe I need to change them round??

Thanks but it does say that Alexa on the pair is enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks but it does say that Alexa on the pair is enabled.

Can you just check that the mic is still enabled?  There should be a small round white light near the mic symbol.  It’s easy to disable when moving it around, just touch the Mic symbol to toggle back on.

UK Media, Thank You! Yes, that worked. I had touched the symbol to see if there was anything there but the off/on toggle on the speaker is so subtle I missed it.