Question

Only plays one song and stops

• 4 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello all. Just bought the Sonos One and asked Alexa to play some 80's songs. Played one song from Amazon Prime and stopped. I was previously trying the voice command to skip but now realise this didnt work due to only one song being queued. Any ideas on how to get it to continuously play all songs? Alexa also doesnt listen to the 'stop' command which is highly frustrating!

Thanks in advance ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This is normally due to an Amazon account authorisation issue. Please see the steps I've posted in section two of the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16210022
I was having similar issues: either playing two or three songs and then stopping or looping back to the first song continuously. Worked fine using the app, only the voice-commanded playback failed. I called Amazon who's big suggestion was to disable and then re-enable the Sonos skill. It worked but I am not happy that I have to do this. Kind of defeats the purposes of starting the music while my hands are wrist deep inside the dinner chicken. So far working okay after this but just this evening it told me my Sonos Connect was offline (it wasn't). Started with the app. So much for voice integration.