NPR and TuneIn stopped working through Alexa

• 26 February 2021
  • 5 replies

After the last update of something, Alexa stopped playing NPR and TuneIn on my Sonos Playbar. Alexa will still play music. However, when I ask it to play NPR, I get the “I can’t find that station” same deal with anything through TuneIn. It worked last week. I tried reinstalling the Sonos app. I tried the Sonos S1 app, same problem. I tried removing and reinstalling the Sonos skill on the Alexa app, same problem. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What music service are you using for NPR? Have you tried removing TuneIn from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it?

I was using Tunein. I tried removing and reinstalling Tunein from Sonos. So, the weird part is that Google Assistant can launch anything with TuneIn, but Alexa can’t. 

Userlevel 7

Is TuneIn linked as a music service in the Alexa app?

Having the same trouble in Pittsburgh, PA. Error message “not available” when I give an Alexa command to play NPR on Tunein or Play [local station name].

Yes, same thing. “Flash briefing" and “play the news” also now do nothing. Both work fine on a first party Amazon device