Question

Not Responding to Wake Up Command

• 3 November 2017
  • 9 replies

I have the Sonos One with Alexa and most of the time the "Alexa" command doesn't wake up the player, I have to say Alexa many times like A L E X A , Alexa!!!, A-L-E-X-A, etc, I don't know why most of the time doesn't work, anybody know why?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Your issue could take one of two paths or both. The issue is in the Sonos App or it's in the Alexa App or Both.
The best way to be sure is to go through the set up process again.

Before following the steps below try re-booting your router to see if that resolves the issue. If not proceed with the steps suggested:

1. Remove the Sonos One from the Sonos App
2. Disable the Sonos Skill in Alexa and remove its as a device
3. Follow setup instructions in this link: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4347/

Good Luck!
I can't seem to figure out how to remove the sonos one from the sonos app.. how do i do it?
Userlevel 7
I can't seem to figure out how to remove the sonos one from the sonos app.. how do i do it?

Why do you want to remove it? Are you selling, returning to store, gifting it or are you having issues? Please respond. :?

Cheers!
My sonos one stopped reaponding to alexa wake word. There is no ding sound and no reaponse at all. I think i want to try to reset the sonos one. I am not sure if it is the right way to fix my issue thiugh. Please help
Userlevel 7
Question? Check the microphone icon on top of the speaker toward the rear. Make sure it is on. It not tap it. Did that help?

Cheers!
It is on. It has been on all the time. I turned it off and on back again to see if it makes difference, but no luck so far.
Userlevel 7
OK. Try this...

1. Delete the Alexa App
2. Delete the Sonos App
3. Unplug your Sonos One and other Sonos products
4. Unplug other Wi-Fi and wired (Ethernet) clients
5. Unplug your Router_wait 30 seconds
6. Plug in your router let it come back fully (Broadcasting Wi-Fi)
7. Re-install the Sonos App
8. Re-install the Alexa App
9. Set up ALL Sonos products one at a time_if you were in boost mode start with that Sonos component; if not proceed with Wi-Fi mode setup Note: Setup the Sonos One last
10. Enable Voice in the Sonos App
11. Enable the Sonos Skill in Alexa
12. Ask Alexa via the Sonos One to discover devices
13. If all good_bring back your other Wi-Fi and Wired (Ethernet) clients one by one

If you are still having issues then I suggest you submit a diagnostic to Sonos and post the reference ID in this forum. Good Luck!

Cheers!
I will try it. Thanks for the info. I have a quick question. I have one more sonos one and playbase+sub+2 play 1. Do i need to delete and unplug all those?
Userlevel 7
Yes, the purpose is two fold.
Number 1_being to resolve your Alexa voice command issues with the Sonos One
Number 2_to allow all your devices to get reassigned an IP Address to remove any conflicts. :8

Note: Do not delete any of your Sonos products...just unplug them

Cheers!