Next track on Sonons one via Alexa

• 5 December 2017
  • 4 replies

I bought a Sonos ONE at the weekend. Mostly good - but have a frustration ...

When playing a playlist or album I dont seem to be able to skip to the next track.

If I try

Alexa, next
Alexa, skip
Alexa, next track / song

etc

the Alexa just asks 'What do you want to play next?'

I only want to go to the next track - whatever it is. Replying 'Next track' doesnt work either.

how do I skip or go to next track?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I bought a Sonos ONE at the weekend. Mostly good - but have a frustration ...

When playing a playlist or album I dont seem to be able to skip to the next track.

If I try

Alexa, next
Alexa, skip
Alexa, next track / song

etc

the Alexa just asks 'What do you want to play next?'

I only want to go to the next track - whatever it is. Replying 'Next track' doesnt work either.

how do I skip or go to next track?

That should work as per:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343?_ga=2.180555943.1095743978.1506552577-1491669311.1488879254&_gac=1.190474073.1511606155.CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1oALnz96PmYXSnBA2S5Va6kZH-GMxirNsBm3OEv4x_UDJRYzPiX8OxoCxj8QAvD_BwE

Have you tried to select Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover?

Are you initiating the audio from the Sonos One or the app? If the app, try adding the room name...
Thanks.

Yes - it was adding the room name that did it.

Alexa, skip track in kitchen

🙂
Adding the room name has not worked for me. Just upgraded software on sonos one. Frustrating that this is an issue a year later!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When you upgrade the software it normally boots the Sonos device. Problems experienced after this are normally due to duplicate IP addresses. Can you please power down these devices for 5 secs and then allow it to complete its boot sequence before moving to the next device:

- Router
- Any wired network Switch
- Any wired Sonos device
- Any other Sonos device
- All many other network devices - phones and tablets can be put into flight mode instead.

If this fixes the issue, I suggest that you reserve IP addresses for your Sonos devices, I normally use the range 192.168.0.240 and above for mine. This is easy to do within your Router settings page.