New User - Alexa and Sonos - things I have noticed so far.

• 1 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Day 1 of owning my first Sonos One.

I notice it cannot play back my audible book and cannot read my kindle. It recognises the libraries for both but then nothing happens.

It also has split functions between two profiles for one device - "bedroom" and "my name Sonos" - for example on the Alexa app notifications and timers can be made for one and alarms for the other - but not all three for one profile.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
Am I right in assuming many of these issues will be resolved as this is all part of the roll out?
They haven't yet reconnected Audible to the Sonos system, but we expect that to be "real soon now".

Not sure about that. It may be a restriction that Amazon has put on Alexa enabled devices, as opposed to Alexa devices. But it does sound odd. Have you tried disconnecting the Amazon skill, and re-connecting it?
Badge
Spoke to someone at SONOS. And there are plans to bring audible back.

I have also discovered that Alexa cannot set a sleep timer and tunein favourites do not work but that’s ok as I am a Spotify premium subscriber.

I haven’t tried calling or messaging another Alexa user yet through my own - has anyone else?
The "drop in" function is not supported.