Question

New Sonos One with built in Alexa Voice

• 30 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Please can someone help... I have set up my new SonosAlexa Voice...
Everything is connected to Amazon Prime Music etc but when I ask Alexa to play a song for example Coldplay it only plays one song... even if it chooses its own play list ... Alexa seems to like Taylor Swift!! Again only plays one song :?:? Can anyone help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I personally would expect only one song if I asked Alexa to play a song. Try "Alexa, play music" to get more songs.
Sorry I asked Alexa to play Coldplay Albums ... it only plays one song... when it chooses its own play list as stated before it only plays one song
I also just to make sure I wasn’t going mad ... said play music by Coldplay ..
Alexa replied shuffling music from Coldplay... it only played 1 song :?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I also just to make sure I wasn’t going mad ... said play music by Coldplay ..
Alexa replied shuffling music from Coldplay... it only played 1 song :?

I assume that if you use the app, it plays multiple songs?

Can you check if you have any other Amazon account logged in on another music app?
I have the same problem, even when asking it to play a playlist. I've moved to Amazon Music Unlimited to try and get around it and still the same problem 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same problem, even when asking it to play a playlist. I've moved to Amazon Music Unlimited to try and get around it and still the same problem :(

Can I just check that you have set Amazon Music as the default music service in the Alexa App>Settings>Accounts>Music Services>Choose default music services. Also, are you using the syntax 'Alexa, Play x Playlist'

Also, if you have another music app logged into another Amazon account this can cause this problem.

If after checking these things, try following the steps in the Answer in this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239